dialysis device

mb mb at laplace.csb.yale.edu
Tue Feb 22 09:10:42 EST 2000

Slide-a-lyzer is very convenient and fast but also quite expensive
compared to other methods.  For volumes larger than a few mL, I'd
suggest using regular dialysis tubing.  If you have small volumes and
are concerned about costs, there are methods for creating dialysis
devices out of microfuge tubes ("waterbugs" see Biotechniques).  If
money is not an issue I highly recommend the slide-a-lyzer.  The
dialysis is much more rapid than the home made devices due to the
larger exposed surface area.

--
Mark Bowen