any computationnal method using molecular clock?

Denis Dupuy denis.dupuy at pmtg.u-bordeaux2.fr
Tue Feb 22 11:50:09 EST 2000

I have to deal with two human genes sharing an obvious common ancestor.
Is there any computationnal tool that could give me the date of the
duplication event using the sequence alignment?

all phylogenetics servers i've found allow only to produce interspecies
trees.
One of the two genes have been demonstrated to exist in various species
... my aim is to determine in which phylum i could hope to find the
second gene. (primates? mammals or vertebrates?)

--

DUPUY Denis
Laboratoire de Pathologie Moléculaire

Tel: (33) 557 57 10 10
     Secrétariat 13 73, poste 6476 ou  6503
Fax: (33) 556 98 33 48

"Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy, wealthy and dead."

    Terry Pratchett (The Light Fantastic)