Trivial transformation improvement

Moez Torki moez at post.agri.pref.ibaraki.jp
Wed Feb 23 04:12:05 EST 2000

I never do the 37 C recovery step. Indeed bacteria grow slowly (about 20
h), but you get the same yield as for the 37 incubation. Try it.

Moez

>Maybe folks do this already and I just didn't know, but my labmate and I
>have seen a nice bump in transformation efficiency when cells are allowed
>to recover in a 37 deg incubator or on top of the floating rack in the 37
>deg water bath instead of being set into the water like normal.

Moez Torki, Eng., Ph.D.,
Plant Biotechnology Institute,
Ibaraki Agricultural Center, 3165-1 Ago,
Iwama, Nishi-Ibaraki 319-0292, Japan

+81-299-45-8330 (phone)
+81-299-45-8351 (fax)
moez at post.agri.pref.ibaraki.jp
http://post.agri.pref.ibaraki.jp
http://stafellow.jst.go.jp/life/today011/torki.html
http://www.tunisia.or.jp/tiwss99
The World : Once thought to be Flat, then Proved to be Round. Now it's
quite definitely Web Shaped....

---