Virus purification

Redflag scharpen at videotron.ca
Thu Feb 24 07:35:40 EST 2000

Hi everybody,

I currently look for a virus purification protocol . The virus to purify
from a crude cell infected culture is Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV).
Until now I have performed ELISAs with crude samples to detect and
titrate HSV level and it did not give me good results, even with a
sandwich indirect ELISA. Probably a partially purified virus would give
better results. I also think about adjusting ELISA parameters.

We think about a sucrose or Ficoll gradient to purify HSV. Can anybody
give me advice and/or a prtotocol ?
Thanks.

Seb Charpentier,
Origenix Technologies Inc,