Glycerol: v/v or w/v?

lors lorsNOloSPAM at mcafeemail.com.invalid
Fri Feb 25 09:09:22 EST 2000

This was one of the first experiments that my chemistry teacher
showed us way back in highschool. All us students were very
dissapointed to see that 50ml H20 + 50ml EtOH gave only 95ml !!!

Some even accused the teacher for being drunk the rest of that
day.

To demonstrate this effect in absurdum, take one coffemug of
instant coffee powder, mix it with one mug of boiling water. The
wolume will definitly not be two coffemugs of coffee (or????)

:-) Lars (I still think that my teacher was an alcoholic...)