thermostable reverse transcriptase->destabilizers?

bradley turner turner at
Fri Feb 25 11:16:40 EST 2000

Hello Bionetters,

In a slightly related query, I would like to know if it possible
to include those common PCR enhancers (i.e. secondary structure
destabilizers-betaine, DMSO, TMACL) in the reverse transcription reaction
to help denature RNA secondary structure in order to obtain more
full length cDNA?? Would the RT enzyme and RNA be stable and active?

Brad Turner

                    Bradley Turner
                Beth Israel Deaconess
                    Medical Center

Harvard Medical School          617-667-1215 phone
Division of Gastroenterology    617-667-2767 fax
Room Dana 536                   bsturner at
330 Brookline Avenue            bturner at
Boston, MA 02215                turner at