total RNA for RT-PCR from

The Lab Rat thelabrat at
Fri Feb 25 11:59:30 EST 2000

dabram wrote in message <38B114A5.970C12CD at>...
>Dear all,
>I search for kits yields ultra-pure total RNA from yeast (Candida) for
>better results in RT-PCR. The best where is option of treatment with
>DNase (RNase-free).
>Could anyone send some information about firms which offer such kit.
>I shall appreciate any information.
>Thanks in advance,
>Darek Abramczyk
>dabram at
Here is a kit from Bio101 for yeast:

They don't have a DNAse step in the protocol, but if you need it then you
can just add it at the end of the protocol and heat inactivate after digest.

Jeff Fairman, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist, Pharmacogenomics Research
Clingenix, Inc.
871 Industrial Road, Suite J
San Carlos, CA 94070
(650) 598-7645 (office)
(650) 598-7641 (fax)
jfairman at

visit: - check out our science and sci-fi message