excessive bps to NdeI

CSC un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon Feb 28 03:21:36 EST 2000

On 27 Feb 2000 zhongyi at sunm.shcnc.ac.cn wrote:
> Hello
>    if I want to improve the cleavable efficiency of primer with NdeI recognition site,how many excessive bps should be added to side of the NdeI recognition sequence?
> The cleavage efficiency is 0%  when only 1 base is added .Can anybody give me more information ?
>    Thanks in advance

NdeI wass in my hands always a difficult enzyme. I have adding 8 bases
gave
the clone I needed, but not very efficiently.

Kind regards,

Clemens Suter-Crazzolara, PhD
 - Genius -         German Cancer Research Center DKFZ           European
 The German         Dept. Molecular Biophysics (H0200)               Data
 EMBnet             INF 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany           Resource
 node               phone ++49 6221-4223-42    fax -33              (EDR)
* The Biocomputing Service Group:      http://genome.dkfz-heidelberg.de *