Taqman Assay Question

MAG mail at mail.gov
Mon Feb 28 09:14:29 EST 2000

Hello,
We have recently obtained a 7700 SDS machine from PE.
We want to do allelic discrimination assays.
My question is does anyone have a general protocol for the set up of the
PCR master mix and thermal cycler conditions?
Such as the amounts of primers, probes, buffer dNTPs, etc.
We would like to stay away from the Universal Master mix they are
pushing, but they are not offering any technical support for assays that
do not use their Universal Master mix.
This is sad, considering the amount we have already paid for the unit.

Thank You

Michael Gandolph
NIH/NCI/DCEG/LPG
41 Library Drive