Glycon in ligations?

Gys de Jongh GysdeJongh at compuserve.com
Mon Feb 28 14:52:54 EST 2000

""Wolfgang Schechinger"" <Wolfgang.Schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote in
message news:200002252207.XAA00034 at intwww.zit.med.uni-tuebingen.de...
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have experience with glycogen present in DNA ligations?
>
> I'd like to recover a small quantity of DNA by EtOH precipitation and
> I thought I could increase the yield by adding a small amount of
> glycogen to the precipitation.
> Will it hamper the ligation I intend to use the DNA for?

Hi,
we use glycogen from boehringer mannheim , now roche.
mr Pius Han, Roche Molecular Biochemicals.
tel: 06-53726361 PIUS.HAN at roche.com kindly mailed us
a lot of usefull information. This is the part on enzymes :

>>Influence of Glycogen on Enzymes<<
It is known that restriction enzymes will tolerate glycogen up to 30 mg/ml
and T4 ligase up to 7 mg/ml.

--
Gys