Basic e'poration advice

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at
Tue Feb 29 06:09:04 EST 2000

In article <280220001853307718%jpcd100 at>, John Dixon
<jpcd100 at> writes
>Should I be altering something to get that time constant up? - sorry in advance
>if it's obvious like halving/doubling something but my recollection of the
>equations that govern electricity has evaporated long ago!

To increase the time constant from 2.5 to 5msec then increase either the
capacitance or resistance by a factor of 2. What you are measuring is
the half life of the voltage decay. Increasing capacitance or resistance
slows down the decay thereby so increasing the time constant.

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.
Tel: +44(0)1252376288