"conservative" mutagenesis withinin SV40 promotor

Wolfgang Schechinger Wolfgang.Schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Feb 29 08:32:52 EST 2000

hi all,

I got hooked by some sort of tricky problem:

In my vector (pCDNA3) the NeoR gene is driven by the SV40
promotor. Near the end of this promotor there is a XmaI site that
interferes with my cloning strategy.
Actually I'd use the quick change protocol in order to mutate the
sequence to destroy the XmaI site. It's very likely
that I'll destroy the promotor this way.
How may I circumvent this obstacle?

The context is caaaaagctCCCGGGagctt (XmaI site in uppercase)

I'd appreciate your comments!

Wolfgang
-----
This message is encrypted. Use your brain to decode it.
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger, Dept. of Pathobiochemistry
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wolfgang.schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de
wwWait: http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm
-----