Primer concentrations with rapid PCR

lors lorsNOloSPAM at mcafeemail.com.invalid
Mon Jan 3 10:03:02 EST 2000

I've read some articles where they use the LightCycler, and I would
like to know why they use that high primer concentrations (0.5 - 1uM).
Is it something with the kinetics in the reaction or is it due to
something else. In my ordinary PCR I use 0.1uM primers and i would like
to keep this low concentration if it is possible.

I hope that someone can help me with this.

Lars Ohlsson
Research Engineer