Arabinose like promotor

Matt Thomas mthomas at hsc.usf.edu
Mon Jan 3 12:56:06 EST 2000

In article <38679733.BE9025F7 at leonardo.ls.huji.ac.il>,
yoramg2 at leonardo.ls.huji.ac.il (Yoram Gerchman) wrote:

>Dear Netters
>I'm looking for an arabinose like promoter e.g. a very tight promotor
>that will enable me to control the amount of expression of my gene.
>Happy new year.
>Regards Yoram
>"Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have"
>                                     (anonymous)
>Yoram Gerchman
>Division of Microbial & Molecular Ecology
>The Institute of Life Sciences
>Hebrew University of Jerusalem
>Givat Ram, Jerusalem 91904,
>Israel
>---

I think Invitrogen has an expression system that uses the arabinose
promoter.  So you can do your inductions by changing the sugars in the
medium.  Some friends have used it and like it.  Might be worth checking
out.

Matthew Thomas, Ph. D
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, University of South Florida
mthomas at hsc.usf.edu

"I refrain from publishing for fear that disputes and
controversies may be raised against me by ignoramuses."
   Sir Isaac Newton, correspondence to Liebniz