PCR amplification problems could use some help

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 04:17:46 EST 2000

In article <6239da7a49.root at freeuk.net>, Robert Hartley
<r.hartley at freeuk.com> writes
>I see you are using an Ab? THis is going to be insulting so I must appologise

>in advance BUT; do you do a PRE-PCR to release the AB.

>Try this

>94-5/10mins

If you use the RapidCycler with an Ab surely you don't do a 10 min step
first? There is no need. I know of labs using the Ab on LightCyclers and
they find the Ab to be inactive after just a few seconds or even less at
94C. It works very well as a HotStart though.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.