IUBio Biosequences .. Software .. Molbio soft .. Network News .. FTP

sticky-end fill-in

Ying Jiang yijst1 at pitt.edu
Tue Jan 4 12:12:10 EST 2000

if you are blunting a 5' overhanging end, you can use Klenow and if you are
doing on a 3' overhanging end, use T4 DNA Polymerase. see the manual of
these enzymes for detail.

Kevin Urbanic wrote:

> I am trying to blunt-end a piece of plasmid DNA with sticky ends.  Mung
> Bean is not working and I would like to try something else.
> Can anybody recommend the appropriate enzyme that will fill in the
> single-stranded ends of a piece of plasmid DNA with sticky ends?
> Thanks,
> Kevin Urbanic

More information about the Methods mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net