3' RACE of Bacterial mRNA cDNA

Neil Saunders saunders at bio.vu.nl
Fri Jan 7 13:23:55 EST 2000

"Steve Griffiths" <sgriffit at rpc.unb.ca> wrote in message
news:854uia$7pn$1 at malakbel.unb.ca...
> Given the lack of a poly T tail, any quick and dirty suggestions regarding
> 3' RACE to extend and complete partial bacterial genes?
>
>  Gratitude in advance
>
>     Steve
>
>    sgriffit at rpc.unb.ca

I've been reading for years that a lot of mRNA (up to 50% in B. subtilis and
E. coli) does have some form of 3' A-tail, albeit less extensive and having
a differently catalysed addition.  Has anyone ever tried a form of 3'-RACE
on their bacterial mRNA or a number of them, just for fun as it were?

Neil Saunders

--
Department of Molecular Cell Physiology,
Faculty of Biology,

tel: +31 20 4447194
fax: +31 20 4447229

email: saunders at bio.vu.nl