EtOH ppt

George Rutherford gruther at bilbo.bio.purdue.edu
Fri Jan 7 17:07:54 EST 2000

In article <38721428 at uni-wuerzburg.de>, "Silke Feineis"
<silke.feineis at mail.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> I`m wodering what`s exactly happening while ethanol-precipitation of DNA?
>
> just curious - thank you

Hi,

If I didn't recognize your name from prior postings, I would suspect that
this was a "troll". :-). I've heard more grad students and post-docs argue
about this over the years than I can remember. Most of the arguments
struck me as biologists trying to impress themselves with their knowledge
(or lack of it) of physical chemistry. I've never seen anything in print
on the issue, although I suppose there must be somewhere. Good luck in
your quest, although I suspect you may find yourself tilting at windmills.

George