Nonidet P40 and Bradford

Belscotia belscotiaNObeSPAM at yahoo.co.uk.invalid
Mon Jan 10 10:04:45 EST 2000

Hi there
I used to use NP-40 for solubilizing my protein extracts, but now use
IGEPAL-CA 630 and everything still seems OK. I don't know about the
Bradford assay but BIO-RAD do a protein determination kit which works
well in the presence of many different detergents (according to bio-rad
anyway!) I have used this kit in the presence of 0.5% NP-40 and 0.5%
deoxycholate with good results.
I am NOT employed/sponsered by BIO-RAD!

bye