advanced therapy clinics

medimag at my-deja.com medimag at my-deja.com
Mon Jan 10 12:30:19 EST 2000

In article <852gkk$3v4$1 at news.securenet.net>,
  "L.de los Santos" <diode23 at mailcity.com> wrote:
> Hi! Could you please let me know if you are
> aware of clinics in Canada (any province)
> that use high power  transcranial magnetic
> stimulation therapy
> as an alternative for depression and pain.
>
> Thanks a lot for your time.

In the U.S. such work is likely to be experimental.

Most who are familiar with both the magnetic pulse generators
and permanent magnets do not believe there is any significant
difference, and that the magnets are more convenient (as you can
sleep with them, etc.), and are less expensive.

I use three 4 x 6 x 1/2 inch ceramic magnets (mfrs. gauss rating
at the center is 3950), behind my headboard, so they are a min
of 2" away, and usually 3 or 4.  Dr.William Philpott, of
Choctaw, Oklahoma would probably recommend 1" thick magnets, but
I prefer to be on the safe side.

I use these magnets to obtain other benefits, however, since
using them for over 3 years I have not had a headach, other than
a minor tension headache a few times.

Magnets may be bought form what I call "full line" magnet health
distributors, or from industrial distributors.  The magnets are
basically the same, except you get a better finish, and you get
the polarity already identified for you with the health outfit.
But the price is cheaper with the industrial.

You push the magnets as close together as possible, which will
be about 1/2" apart.

I believe that Dr. Philpott has one of his "quarterlies"
covering this subject.  They cost $ 10 ea. plus postage. And,
incidentally, Dr. P. is a neuropsychiatrist with a lot of
research background long before he got involved with mag.
therapy.  He also emphasizes foods, allergies, etc. as causes.

Bob Johnson. 10 yrs. biomagnetic study. No products to sell

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.