BSA removal

Nick Theodorakis nicholas_theodorakis at
Thu Jan 13 13:04:23 EST 2000

In article <387DF82A.BD3060FD at>, jonas at
(Jonas Anders) wrote:
> Hi all,
> is there a straightforward technique to remove BSA as main
> contaminant
> from the desired target protein (computed pI = 9)
> Any suggestions highly appreciated
> Thanx
> Jonas
> ---

I seem to recall that in the old days people used to use Blue-Sepharose
(Cibaron Blue?) to remove albumin from serum, since the albumin bound
very tightly to it but the IgG did not.

* Sent from RemarQ The Internet's Discussion Network *