burkitt lymphoma and puromycine question!

Csaba Kiss csakis at ki.se
Thu Jan 13 12:35:09 EST 2000

Hi!
I have great difficulties to get a stable cell line. I am electroporating a
plasmid construct based on the pPUR vector into Burkitt lymphoma cell line
(Akata) and then select for puromycine. After a week all my cells die. I
titrated the cell line for puromycine. It seem that it is a very sensitive
cell line.  They dies at a 0.2 microg/ml  puromycine concentration.
I would appreciate any tricks with the elctroporation and cell culturing.

The pPUR uses an SV 40 early promoter. Can it be that this promoter does not
work on the lymphoma background?

Csaba
csakis at ki.se