Transformation problems...

khalil khalilha at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 15 23:16:43 EST 2000

Hi everyone !

I am writing on behalf of an entire departement of microbiology which
students are loosing all hopes. We are at least 7 students in 5 different
laboratories of the university who are not able to have a single colonie
after transformation.
We would like to know if anyone ever encountered such a problem. Please
avoid any joke about our ability to transform, we all have either master's
or PhD. This week we decided to look at what we did in common in our
experiments that would be the cause of our problems. The only thing that we
found would be the water we use (millipore milli-Q). We all get our
deionised water from the same source in the departement. Could it be the
cause, a problem with the filters or anything ? while we are trying to
find-out, any help would be greatly appreciated. Did anyone ever had
problems of transformation due to water. Thank you in advance.