Rehydration of DNA

Nick Theodorakis nicholas_theodorakis at urmc.rochester.edu
Tue Jan 18 10:58:07 EST 2000

In article <388411aa.23358787 at news.tas.gov.au>,
jeremy.carson at dpiwe.tas.gov.au (JCarson) wrote:
> We have noted that DNA eluted from silica with 10mM pH8 TRIS buffer
> does not amplify well by PCR if the  DNA is used immediately after
> elution. If the eluted DNA is stored at 4C overnight and used in a
> PCR
> then good amplification occurs.

[...]

Are you using GeneClean or something similar? I've noticed that some
glass fines often come along with the eluate, then they settle out
after strorage (or you could spin them out). They would likely inhibit
other enzymatic steps, if present.

Alternatively, you could switch to a purification kit that has the
silica in a solid support.

Nick