Transformation problems...

dkim at hector.NMSU.Edu dkim at hector.NMSU.Edu
Wed Jan 19 18:36:27 EST 2000

Hi:

I recently read a method in Analytical Biochemistry about growing your E.
coli in LB with 1% glycine to improve rates of transformation.  The
glycine is supposed to interfere with cell wall crosslinking or some such.
In any case, it seemed to work a bit for me.

I would be happy to hear from anyone else about the efficacy of this
modification.
Daniel Kim
dkim at nmsu.edu

Susanne Rohrer <srohrerNOSPAM at immv.unizh.ch> wrote:

:> YES ! I have had tremendous problems with millipore water. When I changed
:> to 'clinical', distilled water (bought from a company) the problems
:> stopped.

: OH, come on! I use normal deionized water and I have no problems. I use the
: Inoue protocol and Dh5alphas, and they get pretty competent. TSS works too, but
: the competence isn't that great.

: IMHO, there's no need to buy water, but maybe it's them swiss mountains that
: make our tapwater so pure...

: you can always electroporate.

: Susanne Rohrer

: Uni Zurich