Factor Xa cDNA

pathos pathos at freerealtime.com
Thu Jan 20 14:39:23 EST 2000

In article <200001201835.TAA01546 at intwww.zit.med.uni-tuebingen.de>,
Wolfgang.Schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de ("Wolfgang Schechinger") wrote:

> Wher might I obtain a cDNA of active Factor Xa from?
> I couldn't find a clone at ATCC (i expected to do).

why not look for the cDNA for Factor X.  If you look at the coagulation
cascade, you will see that FX is activated to FXa by the prothrombinase
complex which can be Factor Va: factor VIIa, Tissue factor: VIIa, and EPR:
and as yet unidentified protein.

In other words, Factor X is proteolitically cleaved to form factor Xa.

Just out of curiosity, why are you interested?  Factor X is made only by
hepatocytes.

Peter Pediaditakis