Factor Xa cDNA

pathos pathos at freerealtime.com
Fri Jan 21 17:40:51 EST 2000

In article <3888AC71.93F6FEE4 at pombe.usask.ca>, Colin Rasmussen
<colin at pombe.usask.ca> wrote:

> I imagine he wants to make it in bacteria to use for cleaving GST tags off of
> fusion proteins.  It very expensive to buy, aty least it used to be..

I completely forgot about that use.  If that is the case, I would say
"find another enzyme".  Although factor X can be easily activated by
Russel's Viper Venom to form factor Xa, one must also purify (from rvv)
and lyophilize the protein.  Factor Xa is autoprotolytic and so this must
be done fast.  If your lab is not set up for large scale protein
purifications, this would be difficult.  As for Factor Xa, it has a very
poorly defined recognition site.  I can give you no less than 15 such
sites that difer from the fXa thrombin cut site.

Peter Pediaditakis