How do you eliminate a RE site

R. Jayakumar jakku at mrna.tn.nic.in
Sun Jan 23 02:11:14 EST 2000

  Hi
    I have a problem.  I got a 1kb insert cloned into a pGEM-T vector.  The
insert contains two BamHI sites which need to be removed.  Can anyone
suggest a suitable strategy for this.  The insert does not encode a protein
and is actually an intron.
    I have already tried 1) Klenow endfilling of BamHI cohesive ends 2) Iam
planning to remove these sites by PCR invitro-mutagenesis.  Since this is a
bit costly, It would be nice if I could get some economical means of doing
it.  Any adapters for this?
    thanking everyone in advance.

jayakumar

R. JAYAKUMAR
CSIR- Senior Research Fellow
Dept. of Molecular Microbiology,
School of Biotechnology,
Madurai Kamaraj University,
Madurai - 625 021.
India
email: jakku at usaf.org
tel: +91-452-858471-374
efax: (603)-688-4665
web: http://members.tripod.com/~jakspage
"There is a possible even in imPOSSIBLE"

---