Qiagen Maxiprep - dissolve precipitated pellet

Student mucineer at iname.com
Tue Jan 25 07:50:59 EST 2000

Dear All

Does anyone use Qiagen Maxiprep out there to prepare transfection grade DNA?
I have a problem and wonder if anyone can enlighten me on this. After the
final IPA precipitation and EtOH wash, I dried the pellet by putting it in a
37 degree incubator briefly then tried to redissolve the pellet in
100microlitres of Tris pH8.5, however the pellet doesn't seem to dissolve
very well. There are lots of white "bits" in the solution, it doesn't help
when I increase the vol. to 160microlitres with warming to 37 degrees.

Can anyone give a hint? THanks.