chloroquine & trioxalen

rogier stuger at cellbiology.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Jan 25 08:48:22 EST 2000

Hi Itay,
we use chloroquine to see pBR322 topoisomers on gels.
We use 1.4 % agarose, and different chloroquine concentrations, ranging
from zero to 15 ug/ml in both gel and running buffer.
Our buffer is 1x TPE (10x TPE = 500 mM Tris, 550 mM H3PO4, 10 mM EDTA,
pH 7.5).
Make sure the chloroquine is well distributed in the gel: put a stirrer
in your agarose and spin it for a while.
Gels need to be run at low V and A (to keep the chloroquin alive).
For pBR322 on 14x11 cm gels we run 20 h at 50 V, 50 mA.
If your plasmid is smaller, you should run at lower power or shorter
time, otherwise your DNA will run out of the gel.
Mail me if you wanna know more.
Good luck,
Rogier

Rogier Stuger