Qiagen Maxiprep - dissolve precipitated pellet

R. John Lye rjl6n at virginia.edu
Tue Jan 25 09:24:14 EST 2000

Cornelius Krasel wrote:
> In this lab, we centrifuge the elution buffer in Corex glass vials as
> recommended by Qiagen, don't wash the pellet but instead dissolve it in
> 300 ul water. The 300 ul of DNA solution is then transferred into a
> Eppendorf vial and again precipitated with 2.5 vol EtOH. The pellet
> generated from this precipitation is then dissolved in 100 ul H2O

Hmmmm, that's what I've always done, too.

> BTW, the yield of the Qiagen columns increases dramatically in my
> experience if you let the eluate sit in the coldroom overnight.

Is this during the isopropanol precipitation step?  That is, do
you let it sit after adding the isopropanol or before?  I can
see how letting it sit after adding the isopropanol would help,
but the way you wrote this suggests that you're letting it sit
simply in the elution buffer.  I just want to clarify what exactly
you're saying.
--
John Lye
rjl6n at Virginia.edu