Help! My HisTag Protein won't come off Ni Resin

Alexandre.Blais at crchul.ulaval.ca Alexandre.Blais at crchul.ulaval.ca
Tue Jan 25 14:52:09 EST 2000

Hi Pamela

Did you try high NaCl (up to 4 M ) or  high imidazole (up to 1 M) ? I am
studying a protein which ,when his-tagged, will not elute from Ni-NTA by
lowering the pH, but readily elutes using 300 mM imidazole or using DTT (20
mM). I have also heard that some proteins could elute by Ni2+ gradient. You
could take a look at the Qiagen web-site, the Qia-expressionist handbook gives
some troubleshooting tips.

Good luck

Alex