Gene copy number by slot-blot hybridization

lumdicks lumdicks at netvigator.com
Wed Jan 26 11:20:19 EST 2000

Hi,

      I'm planning to use slot blot hybridization to calculate the gene
copy number in the genome. However, my slot blot give a very weak signal
even 50ug of genomic DNA was applied. Is there any possible casue for
this..?? I am using DIG labelling and chemiluminecence detection. The
system works fine for southern blot (using the same probe and genomic
DNA), which can detect a single copy gene using 5 - 10ug of genomic DNA.
So, I don't know what's wrong with the slot blot. Can anyone give any
suggestion??

Regards,
Lum