Help! My HisTag Protein won't come off Ni Resin

Allison Haggarty ar229 at freenet.carleton.ca
Thu Jan 27 10:04:26 EST 2000

Check how many His are in your untagged protein.  I once had the same problem
- the only way to get the tagged protein off the nickel resin was by boiling
in SDS-PAGE sample bufffer.  In the course of troubleshooting I checked the
sequence of my protein.  Turned out that there was a higher than average
amount of His and the untagged protein would stick to the nickel resin just
fine (and could be eluted).