(Q) in vitro translation of small protein

andrew_tai at my-deja.com andrew_tai at my-deja.com
Thu Jan 27 10:54:29 EST 2000

If you are using a reticulocyte-based system, it is chock-full of globins
that will interfere with the resolution of your protein on SDS-PAGE. This
is why you get good signal after binding. You may need to
immunoprecipitate your input protein (or separate it from the globins
some other way) in order to see it clearly.

Andrew

In article <Pine.SOL.4.05.10001271548380.8853-100000 at family.sogang.ac.kr>
,
  "Kim, Chun" <gidarim at family.sogang.ac.kr> wrote:

> I have a problem with my GST-pulldown assay for interacting
> domain mapping. My problem is that in vitro translated input
> proteins(smaller than 25kDA) always gives me fuzzy bands.
> But I can get clear signals after binding to beads.
> I used 15% SDS PAGE.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.