using cheap digital camera to photograph gels

Robert Hartley rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Sat Jan 29 14:25:22 EST 2000

In article <290120001308133849%bubs at bubberland.com>, bubby
<bubs at bubberland.com> wrote:
Hello Richard.

Are you looking for higher quality or a cheaper alternative to polaroid film?
I think film will always give you higher quality than a "cheap" digital camera.

One thing to remember is the quality of image manipulation software that
comes with digital cameras is rubbish.
If you go this way, then take the photograph with the camera and sharpen
etc with !Photodesk (RISC OS) NIH (Mac) or others.
I don't know what machine you have but on Intel StrongARM risc machines
www.spacetech.co.uk should be able to advise. They also supply for MS or
Mac but the cameras are olympus high quality digitals and therefore not
"cheap".

Usual disclaimer that I don't work for spacetech though I do use Photodesk2.

cheers
bob

--
Robert Hartley,
Centre for Cell Engineering,University of Glasgow,UK.