using cheap digital camera to photograph gels

Louis Hom lhom at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Sun Jan 30 11:39:52 EST 2000

In article <YJ04HtAaFGl4EACS at>,
Dr. Duncan Clark <Duncan at> wrote:
>2.      Cheap ccd camera and lens (~ UKP400) outputted to monitor and
>digital printer (this is much more sensitive than option (1) but also
>way behind option (3).

	Do you have an idea of the sensitivity for this group of
cameras?  The reason I ask is that I've seen a lot of very inexpensive
(about US$50) but very sensitive (0.1 lux) black and white ccd cameras
(about 500x500 pixels, so not great resolution either) in some electronics
Lou Hom >K'93
lhom at