annealing oligos

Joseph C. Bagshaw jbagshaw at wpi.edu
Sun Jan 30 11:37:21 EST 2000

Jen,

Your working way too hard.  As others have suggested, just design the
desired sticky ends into your oligos.  If you don't dephosphorylate your
cut vector you won't even need to phosphorylate your oligos.  With 40-mers
you couldn't keep 'em apart with a crowbar, even at room temp.  Just mix
your oligos in ligase buffer, add your cut vector and a pinch of ligase,
and follow your favorite ligation and transformation protocols.  Been
there, done that.

Joe Bagshaw, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
jbagshaw at wpi.edu
Roadkill on the information superhighway.