Taq patent

Eivind Hovig ehovig at radium.uio.no
Sun Jan 30 20:39:03 EST 2000

In article <20000125091147.26423.qmail at web3403.mail.yahoo.com>,
yilao at yahoo.com.cn (=?gb2312?q?sam=20wayne?=) wrote:

> What will happen to the scientists (?) who cooked and
> massaged their data for the Taq patent?
> I mean scientifically, in addition to anything the
> court will dish out accordingly.
> Anything like this took place before?

I wonder why the Nobel price winner in chemistry of 1993, Kary B. Mullis,
is not implemented in the fraud, as he worked at Cetus in the same period,
and published with them on the subject matter (Science 1988 Jan
29;239(4839):487-91 -Primer-directed enzymatic amplification of DNA with a
thermostable DNA polymerase.) Anybody with worthwhile opinions?

Eivind Hovig