using cheap digital camera to photograph gels

Deb Britt Deborah_Britt at brown.edu
Mon Jan 31 11:21:30 EST 2000

We use the Kodak EDAS system, which is a Kodak DC120 digital camera and 1D
gel analysis software.  It works great, and now that we've made the switch
to digital I don't ever want to go back.  The camera is directly connected
to a Mac G3 computer with an Epson ($150) printer, and I just print on
regular paper for everyday gels that go in my notebook. Download time from
camera to computer does take a few seconds, but it's not bad. I've also
used the camera to take pictures of Northern blot autorads, setting them
on a regular light box. The DC120 is several years old now, it may be
possible to get a newer, faster camera.  We bought the whole setup from
Gibco-BRL, or check with Kodak directly.

Deb Britt

--
Deborah Britt, Ph.D.
Department of Medical Oncology