metall ion affinity purification of proteins - something better

Arnoud van Vliet avvliet at knoware.nl
Mon Jul 3 14:47:58 EST 2000

> It's not so much separate kits you need. The resins can be uncharged
> using EDTA and a water wash then recharged with anything you like, or at
> least IDA sepharose can i.e. Cu, Ni, Zn, Fe, Ca, Co etc. etc. Cobalt is
> a nice pink column but I haven't tried it yet.

I enquired about this with the people at Qiagen, and they told me this as
well. But for divalent ions it should be the 2+ form, I was told. This is
important for me as I wanted to use it to purify an Fe2+-binding repressor;
however, reducing conditions might change the valency and thus strip the
column of the metal. Maybe a (bio)chemist can shed some light on this?

Arnoud