S-35 and autoradiography

Nick Theodorakis nicholas_theodorakis at urmc.rochester.edu
Wed Jul 5 08:31:33 EST 2000

MICMDF at leeds.ac.uk (M.D. Farrar) wrote:

[...]

>I have used phosphorimaging for visualising 35-S labelled
proteins after
>separation by SDS-PAGE. I loaded approx. 20,000 cpm per lane
and exposed the
>gel to the imaging plate for 4 hours. I chose phosphorimaging
because of its
>supposed greater sensitivity and reduced exposure time, [...]

Are you sure this is more sensitive than conventional
fluorograpy?
It's been awhile, but back in my PPO/DMSO days ISTR getting about
that exposure time on film with about that many cpm of 35S.

Nick

Nick Theodorakis

nicholas_theodorakis at urmc.rochester.edu

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com