What if silver stain does not work?

Bonehammer g5003408 at uts.univ.trieste.it
Fri Jul 7 09:27:13 EST 2000

In article <gnN85.18146$wB1.2310644 at news3.cableinet.net>,
  "Kevin Isaac" <kevin.isaac at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> I had this happen to me a while ago..... i was doing standard
acrylamide
> gels for SSCP.
>
> I got lovely mirrored gels, turned out to be the TBE stock i was
given was
> about 10X too concentrated even when diluted.
>
> I couldnt de-stain it properly but leaving it washing in water
overnight
> reduced the plating but didnt show any bands.
>
> Kevin
>
> University of Dundee
> Obs & Gynae

Well, with 10x TBE I guess your band were running in the gel like a
Koenig Ferrari... they must have gone in just about 15'. I'll check the
stock solution, however. TX

Chiara Martellossi
--
"No se Pol"
Coffee Genetist from Viva La' e Po' Bon City

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.