beta mercapto in medium?

Anna Andersson anna_sundgren at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 21:50:06 EST 2000

At least an educated guess:
I would imagine that adding beta-ME in the medium would help preserve oxidation
sensitive-growth stimulating hormones in the serum. I know that some people
supplement their medium with ascorbic acid for that reason. Whether it works or
not, I don't know!

chen Yu wrote:

> Dear list,
> I tried hard, but I couldn't find out, what beta-mercaptoethanol might do in
> cell culture media like e.g. the ES-cell medium. Can somebody tell me the
> answer or make an educated guess?
> Thank you,
> Chen

> The Preceeding Electronic-Mail was brought to you
> via PO-Box/Mail, a network-based electronic mail
> system from Industrial Imagination.  For more info
> visit www.po-box.com or contact sysop at po-box.com
>
> ---

-- Anna Andersson
4229 North Kenmore Avenue, apt. 2N