PCR directly from eukaryotic cell without DNA extraction

Robert Hartley rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Sat Jul 8 13:29:55 EST 2000

In article <8k1vm6$apj$1 at justice.csc.cuhk.edu.hk>, "biobiobio_2000"
<biobiobio_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It is known that PCR could be done directly on bacteria cells. However, is
> it any equivalent protocol for that performed on eukaryotic cells? Please
> direct me to any resource about that. Thank you.

There is a method of RT-PCR without RNA extraction.

Biotechniques and the author os Bob Klebe. If you check this out and dont
be carefull to retain RNA. IE miss out RNAsin and wait a couple of minutes
before doing the PCR then it may work.

Thi wil eliminate the need to extract the DNA.

There are lots of in-situ PCR methods you could try a search for.

could you give us more details of the experiment and we could narrow it
down a bit..
Cheers
Bob