how to make nuclease free water ?

Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at nmsu.edu
Tue Jul 11 20:35:54 EST 2000

Collect from Milli-Q in containers that have been washed with milliQ water
and autoclaved. Then autoclave the water 2x30 min making sure that the it
has cooled to at least 50 C before the second autoclave.
I know, to some it seems going overboard, but it works for those that spend
sleepless nights thinking about nucleases :)
No, seriously, for RNA work that's the kind of water I use. DNases are
easily inactvated by 15 min of boiling.

At 05:26 PM 7/11/00 +0200, Axel Schwekendiek wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>could anybody provide me with a short protocol on how to prepare nuclease
>free water? I need it for PCR, RT-PCR and RNA extraction from plant tissues.
>We have a milli-Q system and I don't want to use DEPC.
>
>Any hints would be very much appreciated,
>
>Axel

Dr. Hiranya Sankar Roychowdhury
Dept. of Molecular Biology
PO Box 30001 - 3MLS