how to make nuclease free water ?

Dr. Duncan Clark drc at nospam.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 12 03:18:40 EST 2000

In article <3.0.6.32.20000711194402.007a9940 at cnmailsvr.nmsu.edu>, Dr.
Hiranya S. Roychowdhury <hroychow at nmsu.edu> writes
>Then autoclave the water 2x30 min making sure that the it
>has cooled to at least 50 C before the second autoclave.

But make sure the autoclave is clean in the first place! If you can, I
would keep a small bench autoclave purely for anything to do with RNAse
free solutions that have to be autoclaved. Small home pressure cookers
used to be great for that but I think nowadays they are considered too
dangerous by health and safety for use in labs.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.