Coomassie Blue: destaining

nospam at our.site nospam at our.site
Fri Jul 14 05:41:17 EST 2000

This message has been posted by:  "Luis M. Martins" <L.Martins at REMOVE-THIS-TO-SENDicrf.icnet.uk>

Hi

I am using PhastGel BlueR coomassie blue dye from Pharmacia, I am concearned
with destaining the gel without losing the signal from the bands (I have
around 10ng protein per band)

I am currently destaining in 10% Acetic acid, this takes quite a long time
and leaves an uneven blue background. I was considering using methanol to
improve solubility of the CB stain. How much methanol should I use without
risking loosing signal from the bands?

Your help is much appreciated!

Regards,

Miguel