What if silver stain does not work?

Henk Veldman H.Veldman-2 at neuro.azu.nl
Fri Jul 14 08:50:48 EST 2000

Bill schreef:

> Farmer's reducer is made by Kodak catalog # 169 1492. We by our supply at
> the photo shop. Apparently it's used in darkroom work. We use it routinely
> in conjunction with silver staining.
>
> Bill Sullivan

Farmer's reducer, as traditionally "home made":
    Stock solution A = 5 % sodium thiosulphate
    Stock solution B = 2.5 % pottassium hexacyoanoferrate(III)
Both solutions are stable
For use mix 4 parts of A with 1 part of B. This mixture will deteriate quite
quickly, so make fresh and use immediately.
If the reducer  is too strong, dilute with distilled water.

Henk