Coomassie Blue: destaining

Jens Mollerup jmollerup at mcb.molbio.ku.dk
Fri Jul 14 09:24:54 EST 2000

Hi Scientists,
Ethanol can be used in stead of methanol when destaining, in the same
amounts as methanol usually is used. Also it can replace methanol in Western
blots - I and several others have used ethanol for years for this purpose,
without loss of resolution, immunogenicity etc.
Ph.D. Jens Mollerup

Jan Aelen <janal at nmr.kun.nl> wrote in message
news:396F0540.67E8FDE5 at nmr.kun.nl...
> Hi
>
> For improvement 10% acetic acid and 25 % methanol.
> For a faster destaining I use a microwave-oven or a rubber of foam in a
dish.
> There is no loss of resolution.
>
> succes.
>
> nospam at our.site wrote:
>
> > This message has been posted by:  "Luis M. Martins"
<L.Martins at REMOVE-THIS-TO-SENDicrf.icnet.uk>